Sunday, April 03, 2011

Moving to Ghana in 50 days!

The countdown has been on for awhile now but it just recently started to hit me that I.am.leaving.so.soon. It's crazy. I am super excited but super nervous at the same time. I've been to Ghana so many times, know so many people there, understand the culture and the ways of life but I know that living there will be so much different than just visiting, even the three and a half month long visit. I know that I will experience things that I never had to deal with while just visiting once I move to Ghana. Apartments.Accra.Grocery Shopping.Cooking (ha. I can barely do that here, how am I supposed to cook in Ghana?).Banking.And the list goes on...

When I go to Ghana for visits, I know that I am coming back to the US. I know that I will be coming back this time too, for a visit, but it's different. I don't know when I will be back. Yes, I have a return ticket but I do not know if I am going to try to extend that ticket or possibly not even use it. Who knows? Not knowing when I will be back to the US makes it much more difficult to pack. I don't know when I will be back and able to pick up those necessities/things that I want that are only available here. It's stressful. But I know I can do it. I want to do it. I've wanted to do this for so long. A little less than three years to be exact. And I am so ready (well, I guess, I'll be ready in 35 days after I become a college graduate)!

No comments: