Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2008 Video

As I prepare to finish school (26 days til graduation) and move to Ghana (40 days), I am thinking about all my experiences there and the reflecting back on all the amazing people I have met in Ghana. Its incredible how I feel so connected to these people who live across the world, on a totally different continent. Its incredible how connected I feel with the children, the children in Wegbe and especially the children at Christ Orphanage. I love them more than anything and CAN'T WAIT to see them next month. I already told Alex that even though we will be living in Accra, one of the first things we need to do is travel the 4 hours to Wegbe so I can see all my babies there. I am super excited for this (well, not for the 4 hour tro tro ride) but, to see the faces I have yearned to see for about 8 months now. I am more than excited to meet Sarah and Saraphine, Cynthia's baby sisters who were born a month or two after I left last year. In addition, between now and the time I arrive in Ghana, Mawuse will also have become a big sister. I am excited to meet this little new addition to Alex's family, his niece/nephew. I know that I still have SO MUCH to do before I leave for Ghana and trying to take advantage of all the time I have left in the States, but it is hard not to think about these people and children who have changed my life and how much I miss them. I missed them so much today that I uploaded the video I made after my first trip to Ghana (summer of 2008) so you can see some more of the faces that changed my life.


The Ghana Project: Christ Orphanage 2008 from Nicole Pampanin on Vimeo.


No comments: