Sunday, November 22, 2009

Surveys

Not many additional surveys got completed today as I was not feeling well and was too weak to walk around and survey people in the village. Four of the five of us staying with our host family got sick at the same time. We were taken to the hospital and didn’t have anything too serious. It took a few days to recover but then we were back to normal.

I tried to go out and do surveys today but didn’t make it more than about 5 minutes away from the house before having to return home to rest. It was somewhat disappointing in that manner but that is life. However, two people from the village came over to the house today and I took the opportunity to survey them so I made a tiny bit of progress but not as much as I hoped to have made.

As I was not out doing surveys, I spent a lot of time reading some of the research that I had found on the internet. It was very interesting and fascinating to read about various people’s perspectives on the issue of orphans in Africa and more specifically in Tanzania.

No comments: