Sunday, August 30, 2009

Laundry in Africa

Nicole: Yesterday, Saturday, I awoke somewhat early – or rather early in comparison to when I have been waking up and did my laundry. Well, actually, I did a small part of my laundry while Nyambura’s sister did most of it for me. I swear, I don’t know how she got my dirty clothes so clean. Dina, Raymond’s wife was a pro at washing my clothes too. And let me tell you, my clothes were filthy in Ghana. I am not even exaggerating when I say that they get white shirts that I have turned brown spotless. It’s incredible.

I spent the afternoon at the orphanage and returned there this afternoon to play with the babies.

Tomorrow (Monday) night, Melissa will be departing from Africa and flying home to America. I will be meeting up with my study abroad group on Tuesday morning to begin my semester abroad in East Africa. I will continue to keep you updated on my adventures as often as possible.

No comments: