Thursday, June 12, 2008

Orphanage Placement

Hi Friends and Family,

I decided that it would be convenient to keep a blog of my trip to Ghana so that you could stay updated and be a part of this adventure with me. I am not sure how often I will be able to get to the Internet cafe but I will definitely try to update this blog regularly.

I received my volunteer placement today and was assigned to work at an orphanage in a suburb of Hohoe called Wegbe. This orphanage is made up of a classroom and shaded courtroom and serves 110 children between the ages of 2 and 10 years old. Reading about my assignment and the tasks I will be doing there reassured me and helped me realize that spending my summer in Africa was the right decision for me. I will get to assist the founder/teacher of the orphange and help organize projects and activities for the children. I am very excited as I requested to work with children on this trip.

Feel free to share my blog web address with others that may be interested and let me know so I can add them to my list.

Love, Nicole

No comments: